The U.S. Green Building Council-Georgia Chapter (USGBC-GA) exists to:
- Advance and promote sustainable and environmentally responsible planning, design, construction and operation of the Georgia's buildings, landscapes, cities and communities;
- Support the growth and adoption of renewable energy in Georgia and the Southeast;
- Support the training and growth of the green jobs economy in Georgia and the Southeast;
- Successfully support all schools in Georgia becoming high performance, healthy schools within 30 years (by 2040).
USGBC-GA programs and activities are intended to:
- Provide regularly scheduled educational courses for LEED AP Credentialing Maintenance, LEED Green Associate and LEED AP test prep, and to create opportunities for members to exchange information with other persons in their field;
- Provide educational events raising awareness about product and technology advances in the design, build, engineering, and operational & maintenance fields;
- Raise awareness of Green Building & Sustainability principles and practices among the design, construction and real estate communities as well as the general public;
- Provide forums for the exchange of ideas;
- Provide training for the application & adoption of sustainable concepts in all types of Georgia-based businesses;
- Form partnerships with other sustainability and environmental organizations to support the positive transformation the way our state uses resources;
- Promote membership in the U.S. Green Building Council and support of the LEED rating system.
Rate this page: